Are you a major Caramilk fan? This Caramilk Easter Bark takes about 10 minutes to make, 30 minutes to set and then it's ready to eat!
Caramilk Easter Bark
Melting your Caramilk
For this recipe I used the Cadbury Caramilk Baking Chips. They are limited edition through so who knows how long they will stick around for. If you want to melt a regular block just make sure you keep an eye on it so that it doesn't seize. A few drops of vegetable or coconut oil can help keep it smooth. Not too much though!
Choosing your toppings
If you love a pastel themed Easter you can use the Cadbury Mini Eggs, some rainbow marshmallows and some pastel jelly beans and sprinkles. I know Coles does some pastel jelly beans at Easter. I used them for my Easter Loaded Rocky Road recipe.
For this one I went for bolder colours. So I used Crispy m&m Speckled eggs, Allen's Jelly Beans, Rainbow Mini Marshmallows and coloured sprinkles.
Making your Caramilk Easter Bark
You ned to melt the Caramilk chocolate then spread it on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Make sure you are ready to sprinkle all your toppings so the chocolate doesn't set.
With the m&m Speckled Eggs, I crushed up some of them a bit while they were in the packet, just using the end of a rolling pin. It breaks them up a bit and adds texture.
Add the m&ms, the jelly beans, the marshmallows and then the sprinkles last to fill in the space. Also - the great thing about Easter Bark is that you can add anything you want to the top of it. If you prefer other toppings, go for it!
Once you've sprinkled everything over the top, pop it in the fridge for 30-60 minutes, or until set. Once it's hard, snap it into pieces. The rougher the better, we don't want nice, symmetrical pieces.
Storing your Caramilk Easter Bark
Once it's made, store it in an airtight container in the fridge!
Love this? Check out our Easter Loaded Rocky Road
Caramilk Easter Bark
- 260 g Caramilk Baking Chips (one bag)
- 100 g Crispy m&m speckled eggs
- 100 g jelly beans
- Rainbow mini marshmallows about a handful
- coloured sprinkles to suit
- Melt Caramilk chips in the microwave or in a bowl placed on top of a saucepan, with boiling water in the bottom. Note: NEVER melt chocolate straight on the stove top, or over fill the saucepan so water bubbles over the side. If water gets into your melting chocolate it is ruined.
- Once melted, line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Pour the Caramilk chocolate on the baking paper and spread it out until thin and even.
- Smash some of your m&m speckled eggs with the handle of a rolling pin then sprinkle over Caramilk chocolate.
- Sprinkle over jelly beans and mini marshmallows
- Add the coloured sprinkles
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes, until set hard
- snap chocolate bark into uneven pieces and serve!