Easter is my favourite time of year because it’s all about hot cross buns and chocolate! What’s not to love? If you are a fan as well then I’ve got just the treat for you! This Hot Cross Bun Cheesecake Bites Recipe will be an instant hit with everyone. It tastes AMAZING! Here’s how to make it…
This recipe is in collaboration with Woolworths
Hot Cross Bun Cheesecake Bites Recipe
This Hot Cross Bun Cheesecake Bites Recipe has everything you love. Hot cross buns, cheesecake, mini eggs and chocolate! Here are all my tips and tricks.
Hot Cross Buns
You can use any type of hot cross bun you like but for this I’ve used the Cadbury Brioche Hot Cross Buns from Woolworths. I chose them because I prefer chocolate over fruit and I like the way a brioche bun holds together. There is some dipping involved in this recipe and a brioche holds its structure really well.
For the cheesecake filling you’ll need cream cheese, condensed milk, sugar, vanilla and Cadbury Mini Eggs. However, if they aren’t what you love then feel free to replace them with the chocolate of your choice. You could swap for dark choc chips, milk choc chips, white choc chips or even Caramilk choc chips. The world is your oyster! Just don’t choose anything too chunky.
Chocolate for Dipping
In my photos and videos I’ve dipped my hot cross bun cheesecake bites in white and milk chocolate. This is totally up to you. Just pick whichever you like most and dip them in that. same goes for the sauce. I’ve used caramel here but it’s all up to you!
Hot Cross Bun Cheesecake Bites Recipe – some tips and tricks for the perfect result
Once you layer your hot cross bun with your cheesecake filling you can pop it in the fridge for a while if the filling feels too soft. This will help firm it up before you dip it in the chocolate.
When you are dipping you are best to place the melted chocolate into something deep and narrow, like a glass, so you can plunge it in just once. I didn’t in my video because my glasses are blue and you would have been able to see it. It just makes it a bit easier.
Also with dipping, hold a spoon underneath incase the weight of the chocolate slides the bite off your toothpick. You don’t want to lose it entirely in the chocolate!
Oh and lastly… if you have leftover cheesecake mix you can split hollow chocolate eggs in half and fill them with the cheesecake mixture. Its so good!
Check out some more of our Easter Recipes!
Best Ever Easter Mini Egg Cookies
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||2 hours|
- 1 pack Woolworths Cadbury brioche style hot cross buns or your favourite hot cross buns
- 2 tubs Woolworths Cream Cheese
- 2/3 tin Woolworths Condensed Milk
- 2 Tbs caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 bag Cadbury Mini Eggs or substitute with choc chips
- 600 g cooking chocolate white, milk, dark or a combo
- Caramel sauce to serve
- Add the cream cheese, condensed milk, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Beat together until smooth and creamy.
- Smash up your Mini Eggs (I use the end of a rolling pin) You want them broken up, not as full eggs.
- Stir the Mini Eggs into the cheesecake mixture and refrigerate
- Slice the hot cross buns in two. On the bottom piece spread a layer of cheesecake mixture and place the top over it - like a cheesecake sandwich.
- You'll then need to place your toothpicks one in each square created by the cross on top. Once they are secure, cut the hot cross bun into squares, leaving the toothpicks in to keep the top and bottom layers connected.
- If the cheesecake is quite soft you can pop these in the fridge for an hour but it's not essential.
- Melt your dipping chocolate and tip it into a tall glass or cup so that you have height more than width.
- Holding your toothpick, gently dip your cheesecake bite into the chocolate and place on a baking tray.
- Once you have dipped them all, put into the fridge until the chocolate is set.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce!