Well my friends it’s been one of those weeks. Our entire family has been knocked down by this dreadful flu that is making it’s rounds at the moment (I never knew two little boys could produce such copious amounts of boogers!) which has resulted in minimal sleep, lots of tantrums (that would be me – not the kids), and one very eventful day spent in hospital which has resulted in my inner Mummy anxieties coming to the surface and all my energy has been spent helicoptering over my children since then. Phew! I am tired just recounting that.
Anyway, needless to say that dinner time has felt like an absolute chore, so as I do when I feel like we should be having a decent dinner without all the fuss, I took a page out of my Mum’s book and came up with a yummy dinner option that was quick and easy but full of flavour.
Low and behold – I present to you – the Mexican Steak Sandwich!
It’s actually quite simple. All you need are the following ingredients:
- Minute Steak / Sizzle Steak
- Ciabatta Rolls
- Salad of your choice
- Chilli Flakes
- Red Onion
- Egg Mayo
- Cut up your salad and cheese ready to be served.
- Mash the avocado and add chilli flakes, lime, finely chopped red onion and a pinch of salt and pepper to make a quick and easy guacamole.
- Marinate your steak if desired (a yummy spicy steak rub would be perfect!), then pop them on the grill to cook.
- Using the guacamole as a spread, add a generous amount to the ciabatta rolls, layer your salad, cheese and steak on top, then spread the top of the bun with egg mayo and pop on top of the steak.
And there you have it. An easy to make dinner full of lots of flavours and fresh ingredients that really hit the spot.