I love Halloween! It's a little bit creepy, a little bit spooky and full of delicious treats! This Halloween Chocolate Bark recipe is perfect for your Halloween party or get together, or if you just want to make some fun things together at home.
How cute is this Halloween chocolate bark recipe? It's really easy to make, and a great activity to do with the kids this Halloween.
Tips for Melting Chocolate
Use High-Quality Chocolate- Start with good-quality chocolate. The better the chocolate, the better your final product will taste. I like Nestle Plaistow Chocolate, it's always my first choice.
Chop Chocolate Evenly - Chop or break the chocolate into small, even-sized pieces. Smaller pieces melt more evenly and quickly.
Avoid Moisture - Keep all utensils and equipment completely dry. Even a small amount of moisture can cause chocolate to seize and become grainy.
Choose the Right Method - You can melt chocolate using a double boiler or a microwave.
Double Boiler Method - If using a double boiler, use a heatproof bowl over simmering water. Ensure that the bowl doesn't touch the water. Stir the chocolate occasionally to make sure it's melting evenly.
Microwave Method - When melting chocolate in the microwave, use a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave it in short bursts (15-20 seconds) at a medium or low power setting, stirring well after each burst. Be cautious not to overheat the chocolate, as it can burn.
Remove from Heat Early - When using the double boiler method, remove the chocolate from the heat just before it's fully melted. The residual heat will continue to melt the remaining pieces as you stir.
Test Melted Chocolate - To check if the chocolate is melted properly, dip a knife or spatula into it and observe the texture. It should be smooth and glossy.
Steps for Making Halloween Chocolate Bark Recipe
Halloween Chocolate Bark Recipe
- 180 g Milk Cooking Chocolate I like Nestle Plaistow
- 30 g White Cooking Chocolate
- Mini M&Ms
- Candy Eyes I find mine in Coles
- Halloween Sprinkles I got mine in Coles
- Orange Sprinkles
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper
- Melt your milk chocolate over the stove or in the microwave. If you're new to melting chocolate read my guide above for tips.
- Melt your white chocolate in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour the milk chocolate onto the baking paper and spread it evenly across the paper.
- Once spread, use a small teaspoon to dollop circles of melted white chocolate around the spread milk chocolate.
- Next, use a skewer or toothpick to create a ghost shape in the white chocolate by pulling the skewer through from the middle of the white chocolate, to one side. Feel free to mix it up on each ghost so they look like they are floating in different directions.
- Using a fresh skewer, dab in into the melted milk chocolate and use it to create a face on your little ghosts.
- Add candy eyes, M&Ms and sprinkles. Try not to get them on the ghosts!
- Place in the fridge for three hours, so it's properly set.
- Once set, take it out of the fridge and break it up into irregular pieces.
- Keep it in the fridge until ready to serve.