I finally dug out my winter coat last week when it was minus friggin' five degrees! Ok that's a bit of an exaggeration but I could have sworn it was nearly close to that when I headed to the park with the boys!!
Luckily for me I have always loved the winter layered look. I felt snug as a bug without resembling something related to the Michelin man and seriously... who wants to add bulk to a post baby body anyway?!
So I thought I would share my simple tips that will have you looking ‘well-layered’ in no time. Here goes.
1. Start with the basics (opt for neutral colours). A fitted tank, tee or cami I even like to add a long sleeved over. Merino is a great option for extra warmth.
2. Next add the bottom half - Jeans, ponte, jeggings, leggings, or tights and a skirt.
3. Next add a button down shirt, tunic, sweater, cardigan, vest or both! Have some fun in this step by being bold with colour and prints.
4. Next - Accessorise!!! This is the most IMPORTANT step in layering process. When the layers start coming off as the weather warns up your outfit will still look put together. Choose one thing such as scarf or pendant - less is more 🙂
5. Last but not least- add a coat, jacket, blazer, thick long cardi...you can even add a beanie.
If you're like me and feel the cold why not go the whole hog? Otherwise a couple of layers and you should be all good to go.
If all else fails.. slip into your trackie daks snuggle up under the doona with the muchkins and sip hot chocolate (or wine)!!
Style tip: show off your curves with belted jackets or cardigans.
Jill Green is a personal stylist and mum of two boys. Her business Brighter Styling is based on the Northern Beaches and is committed to helping mums find their inner style goddess!